More Romance Mini Reviews: Backlist Titles

I read two other contemporary romance novels during my blogging slump, and both are the type of adult romances heavy on the humor; hence, they get their own post. Here's a spoiler: one of these books works the funny better than the other.



I'd only read one Sophie Kinsella book before this one and didn't like it that much, so though I've been eager to read this one, I held off for quite a while. However, it turns out that this book is ridiculously funny and also super romantic, and I only wish that I had had the guts to read this sooner. It doesn't matter what type of romance you're in the mood for, because this one is without a doubt a pleasure to read.


Rating: ★★★★★



I have to be in a certain kind of mood to read this specific adult romance genre aimed toward an older audience - the writing is usually a bit more bland than with YA/NA and even most adult contemporary romances. I was in the right mood, but unfortunately I didn't love this, especially since it offended my feminist self a bit. The story was fun-ish, but I'd rather read a book about a kickass, brutal woman lawyer than one who has turned herself into stereotypically feminine, antique clothes-wearing rubbish just to catch a man. No offense.


Rating: ★★★


No comments:

Copyright © 2016 The Lone Reader. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.